Healthcare system is doing a great job of serving the needy patients by providing quality medical care. Every hospital, healthcare organisation and medical professional is continuously striving to improve health awareness and promote well being. In a patient-centered healthcare system, the primary focus is on patient satisfaction and patient experiences, which when shared can help to improve health care system.
Patients have varied experiences when they avail healthcare marketing services and these experiences are in many ways related to patient satisfaction. If satisfied patients get an opportunity to share their positive experiences, they spread the word of goodness and make more patients aware. Similarly, if patients are not satisfied with the healthcare system, it should be noted as a remark that needs immediate attention.
When patient experiences are considered important in a healthcare system, patients are treated with care, dignity, actively involved in their treatment decision and made sure that their treatment period or hospital stay is comfortable and they return home with their medical needs satisfactorily attended.
Patient satisfaction can be achieved when patients experience most of the aspects of medical treatment, which they considered necessary. These include, quality medical care, qualified and trained professionals, appropriate medical and emotional support, medical information and arrangement of a proper treatment plan.
Patient experiences can be shared with healthcare professionals and hospitals in different ways.
- With the help of patient feedback forms, suggestion letters, participation in patient surveys, online comments and questionnaires.
- Many successful hospitals engage personnel, who personally meet patients and talk to them about their experiences and any concerns that patients have are noted.
- Some hospitals, healthcare professionals and organisations arrange for publications, space on the website and welcome patients to share their experiences and patient stories.
Patient testimonials are also of similar nature, but are mostly positive in nature and help to promote the healthcare services. Nevertheless, they increase health awareness in the minds of the readers and drive more patients to seek medical aid.
Why Patient Experiences Are Important?
These days, many patients are becoming increasingly aware of their health status, diseases, related symptoms and medical investigations that may be ordered by the physician. Most patients visit the doctor with a list of queries related to their condition, investigation or surgical procedure, if any. In such cases, patients need to be dealt with special attention and they should be answered and treated to their satisfaction. Hospitalized and emergency care patients are more concerned about their treatment, staff response, hospital care, food and hygiene. A great patient experience can influence the efficacy, quality and reputation management of the hospital.
Patient experiences can be positive, patients may be very satisfied with the medical team, trained staff and skilled nursing team and may report that their healthcare experience or hospital stay was good. Many patients also mention that they liked the way they were treated and hence would definitely refer other friends and relatives, which is a great compliment to the healthcare organisations.
Patient experiences can be negative but still they need to be shared, based on which the healthcare professionals and hospitals will be able to understand the shortfalls. When the experiences shared by the patients are not favorable, it implies that there is room for improvement in healthcare facilities and services provided to the patients. Similarly, patient’s suggestions are equally valuable and may throw light on areas in the healthcare system that need to be revised or improvised.
Benefits of Patient Experiences
On the whole, sharing patient experiences are beneficial and help to
- Support the need for continuous improvement in health care system and hospital services.
- Make sure the medical team, hospital staff and all healthcare professionals remain updated with their knowledge and exhibit high level of proficiency in offering medical care to their patients.
- Increase health awareness among other patients, develop importance of preventive health; aid in patient education global healthcare industry and medical information.
- Encourage more patients to take charge of their health and seek timely medical help, thus reducing medical complications.
- Promote importance of healthcare provisions, health schemes or services like rehabilitation, lifestyle management and other allied medical facilities.
- Improve confidence of people in the healthcare system and makes it possible to provide medical services to all.
All medical facilities and the healthcare system are meant for patients. Hence, it is necessary to understand what patients feel about the services and the healthcare system as a whole. Sharing patient experiences gives the healthcare professionals an opportunity to peep into their work and assess their performance, from the patient’s point of view. The hospitals, healthcare organisations and the entire healthcare system can draft plans for further improvisation, reformation, expansion and bring new ideas into action, based on patient experiences.
Contact eHealthMedia, healthcare digital marketing agency in Hyderabad at +91 7799234580 for online reputation management for doctors.